After reading about the rise in electricity prices in last week’s Town Crier, a reader in Coín approached the local Sevillana-Endesa branch to ask how he could go about registering for the savings tariff for homes with a power level of less then three kilowatts. He reported he was rewarded with a blank stare – the staff knew nothing about it. But a few quick phone calls to head office in Malaga city got them the following information: the tariff applies only to those occupants who can prove the house is their home, that is, what is called a first dwelling; the occupant also has to present proof of his/her empadronamiento, and a power control switch has to be installed in the dwelling to prevent cheating. People wishing to avail themselves of the savings tariff should go to their local Sevillana-Endesa branch to fill in an application form. The application has to be made annually to check that the client continues to meet the requisites for the tariff.


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: